View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #57
akademiks
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Some news about Madden NFL 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
First off, thanks for the amazing intro Ian, not sure I could have even said that any better myself! Yes, I just got finished working on NFL Head Coach which was an absolute blast (buy the Collector's Edition, August 12th, $89.99). And before that, I worked on the rosters from 2002-2006 for both Madden and NCAA Football (and Arena Football and NFL Street). Before that, worked on Madden 2002 as an Assistant Producer, and even more ancient than that...I started out as a tester on NCAA 2000 and then was made the lead tester for NCAA 2001. So my background goes back a little ways with Tiburon and EA.

Secondly, let me just say that I am totally amped up to be on the Madden 2010 team! I look forward to taking franchise mode to that 'next level', with a much more immersive and deep experience on par with the MLB Shows and the NCAA 2Ks of the world. I see no reason why a mode like Franchise Mode in Madden or Dynasty Mode in NCAA can't be as deep and immersive as a game like GTAIV or Bioshock...With that type of replayability...For us sports geeks, I end up spending much more time in my Miami Hurricanes dynasty or my Bucs career than I do trying to beat a GTA type of game...but I digress

Bottom line here is that franchise mode will be back in 2010. We have some of the most talented engineers, artists and designers in all of EA in my humble opinion. So with that type of talent (and the fact that franchise mode will be a big focus for 2010), we can get a lot accomplished...and trust me, that is the plan!

Ian is the man in charge of 2010 design and Dr. Phil Frazier is the big guy in charge of the whole team, so we fortunately staffed with two of the biggest legends in football gaming. Their names might not be synonymous with the Will Wrights and Cliffy B's quite yet, but they soon will be. Trust me...this is not just a smoke blowing exercise I'm putting on for you here, this is me trying to convey the message of how big Madden 2010 is already looking with the early plans I've been lucky enough to glance over. And Phil and Ian are two of the biggest reasons why.

I look forward to hearing from all of you in regards to where you want to see franchise move in the future. I will start up some franchise mode wishlist threads here in a few days after the game ships.

Donny
Wow... I'm a huge franchise gamer and I'm very excited that you're back to working on Madden (I've been aware of your presence in the franchise in the past).
I'm just hoping you guys are still going to keep in contact with us gamers throughout the development process. I've got a few ideas that I hope you'll be able to implement into the game and would definately help the franchise head into the direction I've always hoped it would be in.
Welcome aboard Donny!!