Old 08-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #19
GatorFan1963
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: your thoughts on audible vs. CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
It's "dumb" when they're prepared for what you called? So, when they're unprepared for what you called, that would be "smart"? Hmm...

Honestly, I can't help but wonder how many people think their playcalling is just straight up football genius when in fact it's tame and obvious. Not talking about anyone in particular, of course, just saying, on those rare occasions when I've been truly focused on what I'm calling for the duration of an entire game, I've never gotten the impression the CPU knows what I'm calling. In fact, that's the whole idea: to get into one of those playcalling grooves where it doesn't even matter what they call: the play you called will work against anything because it's a sweet call.

As for audibles, I don't use the "quick pass" one, but the other three are fair game.
You kinda misread what I wrote, but I can understand...it's how I wrote it. It's dumb because it's not realistic. Meaning, I could understand if the CPU is lining up in a certain formation because they have studied your playcalling, but this isn't the case. I remember tons of times, on the PS2 versions, where I'd be lined up in a formation to run, I'd call a "fake" audible for the exact same play. The CPU wouldn't move. I'd then audible to another play (same formation) but to pass and all of a sudden LBs are backing up to get in position to play zone I'm like WTF?!?! This is when I was glad they gave us the ability to do the on the fly audibles. Practically every play I would set audibles for the formation I was in, then select my play. Then come out and dare them to try to "know" my play. And even after all of this, there were many times where I'd come out of the huddle, audible to one play (same formation)...the defense shifts. Then I'd audible back to the original play...the defense would go back to their original spots. This is why I called it dumb. More like BS.

I don't get that sense at all in this years version. The defense just sucks this year. But, it still should not prevent you from calling audibles.