View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 03:43 AM   #80
Acedeck
Pro

OVR: 16
Anyone who gives NCAA 09 a 9+ score has little credibility to begin with. Making an article like this shortly thereafter only reaffirms the lack of credibility.

As for the actual subject matter at hand:

I think football has plenty of potential to be fun on defense. If they could make it rewardingly challenging, it could be fun. Last year was just a turnover fest, so it wasn't that rewarding or challenging whatsoever. They also need to show some attention to the defense. The last time they gave any real attention to the defensive side of the game, Ray Lewis was the cover athlete.

I haven't been paying attention to what changes are coming with Madden this year, but here are some things that need to change in the series when it comes to the defensive side of the ball:

-True gang tackling, like in NFL 2k3, 2k4, and 2k5. Yes, it's literally been over five years and EA is STILL behind when it comes to tackling animations.

-More control. This means more than just two buttons for swim or spin moves on the defensive line. It means more fluid control of your player that you select, since you can only select one of eleven.

-Camera. It's currently very difficult to even play as a CB because the camera doesn't show the entire field.

Those are just a few things I can think of right off the top of my head. I believe defense has the potential to be fun in football video games.