View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The Caustic Issues

There are several things holding this game back this year but here are 3 that just really bug me and I'm not even gonna bother discussing Robo QB, dumbed down defense and crippled special teams play.

1) Sliders - how the f%$# do you break the sliders and ship the game? How exactly does that happen? CPU being HUM sliders is a cluster f. I want a stronger (than the anemic) CPU run game? I have to raise my RB slider so my HB runs for 190 just to get the CPU to 85. And when they are assigned to the right spot, how about making them actually work? What's the point of having penalty sliders if certain sliders don't even get that penalty called?

Could many of the gameplay issues be fixed with working sliders? I'd love to be able to at least try and find out.

2) Presentation - is much better this year but still pretty far behind what we already had last gen. The stadiums look great, stadium sounds (if you take the time to add them) sound great. As much as people bash mascots and user controlled celebrations they add to the game.

Give us back team intros (generic or not), the Gameday team at halftime, pre or postgame. Give us uniform patches, bowl art, logo's and celebrations for accomplishing things like they use to in the old faded memory days of the PS2. How about the Player to Watch where he was always warming up and they'd talk about him and flash his stats.

3) Don't reinvent the wheel - give us the good stuff back - create-a-school always breathed life into the game for me in Dec or as a change of pace earlier. Cupcake or Smashmouth?

Where's the choice for Playoff or Bowl that was around, I think, in the days of my gray-UFO-looking PS1?

What about a tuned eligibility system for suspensions - eligible and ineligible players based on academics etc like PS2.

Formations subs - NOT audibles. Let me put my freshmen WR in the slot of certain packages so he can get some burn. Let me put my run blocking lineman in my heavy run sets and decide who plays special teams.

I'm really waiting for Tiburon to get this game together again. NCAA is not Madden. Unfortunately, it looks like NCAA is being pushed into the role of casual little brother.

Don't give us wide-open gameplay - give us solid "NCAA" gameplay on offense, on defense and on special teams.

Give us the little things back (fix the big things) that made this series the superior football franchise on PS2/Xbox.

Last edited by umd; 08-11-2008 at 12:32 PM.