Old 08-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
Other Guy
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Video Game Passing Needs to be Reworked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD413
I like your idea, but I don't think it would work. In NFL2k5 they had the first person football thing and it was REALLY hard to see your recievers.
Yea, that's the same thought I had when reading the article. I sounded a lot like FPF.

I think it could work if it wasn't taken to the extreme like FPF. Let's say after the snap, the camera zoomed in about halfway. Not all the way down to FPShooter level, but a lot closer than Madden classic. What should happen is, that it should zoom in on half of the field. If your primary receiver is on the right, then the camera would zoom down and in on the right side of the field. What you would see is the field from the center over to the right sideline. This way you see you primary guy and maybe a 2nd WR or TE. If nobody is open, you could flick the right stick to the left, and now the screen would shift over to the left side of the field.

Carlos makes great points about seeing too much of the field. As a QB, I should never be able to see both CB's at the same time when they're on opposite sides of the field. He has a good idea. I think it would work great if it was toned down a little bit.