View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 04:24 AM   #18
Rimfro
Rookie

Rimfro's Arena

OVR: 4
They had a similar camera to what you describe on Madden 07, in Superstar Mode with the QB you had a zoomed in camera where you had to flick the stick to look off defenders and find your recievers. In theory it was cool, but in implementation, it failed. For one, you couldn't see if the reciever was making a play and you were constantly getting blind-sided, since you couldn't see anything but a little bit of the field. I also believe you are wrong about the vision cone, some quarterbacks have better awareness than others and tend to have a better standing of the entire field. That's what separates the good qb's from the great ones. You always hear announcers saying that on Sundays. Football is a tough game to nail in video game form, especially with the high expectations that these newer generation consoles have created. I think the first change we need to see is a complete physics overhaul. Backbreaker seems to have the right idea in that department, but, for me, it seems a tad bit corny. If it feels authentic, people will play, but, I don't think we will see Madden implement anything like that anytime soon.