View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:48 AM   #10
ivoryG
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NJPapi's Madden 09 Post Patch (2) Profile Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

you know, ive tried fudging with the sliders in madden or 2k since around nfl2k3, and i gotta say it seems pointless to me now. all that happens is they keep getting revised and revised and revised a few points here and there because a few games went one way, and a few others went another way.

after trying this latest batch here, not this "new revelation set"...i have decided to just put it at all pro or all madden and just play, because it seems no matter how many different slider combos you use, whether you use them with a certain profile, fatigue on/off, weapons off, injuries on...it doesnt make a difference i dont think because the programming is, well...poor. the AI is god awful one minute, telepathic the next. blocking is completely inconsistent and it almost seems like it purposely done to prevent you from proceeding in certain situation. blockers running past or turning away from the defenders in front of them. these sliders dont change that.

i will admit however that i do see some changes, but they are definitely not consistent. it may seem like the problem is fixed one game, but then i start another against a even lesser team and theyre back to their old tricks. its a problem with the coders talent, no slider is gonna fix that, we just gotta hope EA doesnt have enough money to re-sign that exclusive deal...or hell, give the franchise to a better studio like Criterion or DiCE.