RAZRr1275
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Give me my defense back EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
In all seriousness though,

I really do think this game and all future installments of the series could be stellar and appeal to a mass audience with a highly detailed and powerful slider set.

Have the default be more of the "casual arcady" setting. Then allow the individuals to adjust accordingly.

That way, even if you are in an online league, as long as you can import your slider settings online, you can have that "sim" experience that you are looking for.

Some examples of a new revamped slider set could be....

OFFENSE

QB Accuracy
QB Arm Strength
QB Aggressiveness (how often he throws into coverage, goes deep, takes chances, etc.)
QB Field Vision (determines how well the QB reads coverages, blitzes, etc.)

RB Speed
RB Power Moves
RB Agility Moves
RB Field Vision (How well he sees the hole, blocking ability, etc.)

WR Route Running
WR Speed
WR Catch Ability
WR Agility (how well he does after the catch)

OL Pass Block
OL Run Block

DEFENSE

DL Pass Rush (this could be a combination of agility, power moves plus break block)
DL Tackling
DL Play Recognition (how well the DL adjusts to draw plays, screens, play action, etc.)
DL Pursuit
DL Speed

LB Pass Rush
LB Tackling
LB Play Recognition
LB Speed
LB Catching (if you feel too many or too few INTs are made by LBs)
LB Pursuit

DB Speed
DB Play Recognition
DB Pursuit
DB Recovery (How well they recover from a Play Action fake, etc.)
DB Interception
DB Knockdowns
DB Tackling

If we had something this indepth, and sliders that were very potent from just a few clicks to the left or right, then we could really create an incredible sim experience in the same disc as that little 12 year old kid who also can create an experience for him to score 8 touchdowns a game and win 92-3.
That would be freaking awesome. And if we had team sliders like choops like Blitz frequency, RB1/RB2 sliders that worked and run/pass, agression sliders outside of dynasty mode and have instead of depth charts, a rotation system with situationals similar to the one in nba2k8 and choops that would be awesome.