Old 08-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #83
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Video Game Football Stinks, and No One Seems to Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedeck
I haven't been paying attention to what changes are coming with Madden this year, but here are some things that need to change in the series when it comes to the defensive side of the ball:

-True gang tackling, like in NFL 2k3, 2k4, and 2k5. Yes, it's literally been over five years and EA is STILL behind when it comes to tackling animations.

-More control. This means more than just two buttons for swim or spin moves on the defensive line. It means more fluid control of your player that you select, since you can only select one of eleven.

-Camera. It's currently very difficult to even play as a CB because the camera doesn't show the entire field.
I think the "More Control" suggestion is the biggest one. It just isn't as fun as it should be to break blocks as a LB or rush the passer. EA really needs to work on this area.

I alos love the camera suggestion. I would love a defensive perspective camera like you have on offense. Why should we have to play from the QBs point of view while playing on defense? It would be fantastic if you could play from a view that was behind you facing the offense (at least while on defense). At least give us that option and it should be easy. I'd be willing to give it a try.