View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
therockstar2005
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: Why do you like this game?

While I really did like NFL 2k5, I have to say that honestly, it doesn't feel as good to me now as it did when I first had it. For me, Madden 09 really isn't disappointing. The presentation isn't as good as 2k5's might have been, true, but I would still argue that it is actually good. And there were a few issues that I had with 2k5 which Madden doesn't have, mostly within Franchise. For all of its glitz and as good as the game was, 2k5 is still a football videogame, and it had its flaws as well.

All of the points you addressed also had nothing to do with the gameplay. That, I believe, is honestly what should make the difference. All of the presentation and crap like that is great, but if you don't like the way the game plays, either one, the rest of that shouldn't matter. I actually do like both versions of the gameplay, I realize Madden is more arcade-ish then sim, but I like it, which is why I'm going to stay with Madden 09. I think it's a good game.

The real point is whether you like this game or not. Since it seems like you clearly don't, and would rather play a 4 year old game, you may as well go ahead and just play 2k5. If you already don't like the game and are asking other people to give you a reason to keep it, then ya might as well just stick to 2k5.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...