View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: WOW. Major update to the blog section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
i love clip 2, how the cpu player tips the pass away. For those who played hitz pro, you will remember how hard it was to get a pass through with the right sliders, because the cpu would always deflect the pass away. I pray its like this in nhl 09.
Haven't been able to watch the videos yet (at work), but if this is a regular part of the game, that's a huge step in the right direction. The producer made a point of stating that AI players (hopefully user teammates as well) will react to passes in their area & attempt to reach out & deflect them.

I've said before that the lack of this was a problem, as unless the defender was directly in the way of an attempted pass, he made no effort to stop it in 08. Anyone who watches hockey knows that this just isn't the way it is in the NHL. Even at the lowest levels, players are taught/told to keep their stick on the ice whenever possible for just the reason (and for offense as well). Hopefully, this kind of stuff (the quote) happens regularly when appropriate...
Advertisements - Register to remove