View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Da Rebirth
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: "After the Mitchell Report" NCAA Imported Draft Class PS3

First of all, gotta give a shout out to Lanterix, if it wasn't for him naming the NCAA players, this would be a totally moot point.

Appreciate the feedback on the draft class. I started messing around with the NCAA roster because I was annoyed beyond belief with the thought of rookies being imported with Elite NFL player status. Didn't figure too many other people cared as long as other things were edited. Not to knock their preferences at all, it's just that I was more concerned about trying to dumb down the ratings.

I haven't looked at the contracts to be honest with you. I always assumed, probably incorrectly considering how things of that nature go with Franchise, that is was slotted according to draft position.

I can't edit any ratings of the Dynasty file I'm currently using. The most I can edit is names, equipment, and numbers. I tried to target all of the players that had high miscellaneous ratings (such as strength for a QB) in areas that appeared to make their import rating high, but there are no guarantees. Zero false hope being sold this way. LoL

Kickers and Punters...didn't give a damn about them to be honest. Since I can't edit them, I will make a conscious decision to "Create Prospects" that have tremendous attributes and make their classification as junior (maybe senior) so they should import rather quickly. I'll place their hometowns near powerhouse programs so the quality of their team will be good and they'll have a high chance of being drafted highly. Since they are rarely drafted (at least punters), I'll probably create 2, and maybe 3 kickers so that some elite level youth will be in the game. May even create an Adam Podlesh type that has crazy athleticism, or a decent arm for trick plays. (rambling, thinking to myself now)

As far as other players in my current dynasty go, I've tried to match up and edit most of the 2009 Commits using rivals and espn's 150 HS prospects. Most of the "elite" HS prospects have their current height (weight is gained during Dynasty mode), so players like Matt Barkley, Aaron Murray, Russell Shepard, etc...are on the schools they have committed to. Elite prospects that haven't committed, I created before the season started and they signed with whomever the cpu recruited successfully. As far as the CPU generated recruits go, I did my best to match up accurate name/size/position with the players that have already committed. Once again, far from an exact science, but just an attempt at projecting realism.

I plan on doing this for the next 3 years in my dynasty...probably adding an inch or two of height, 5-20 lbs according to position and HS classification...Eventually, I should have about 8 or so draft classes to import.

Doing this primarily for my own use, but I'll update them in this thread as I finish my seasons for anyone that may want to download them. Peace