View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #50
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

If people think patch #2 is a magic elixer for what you don't like about the game then you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. If you don't like the game now I highly doubt the second patch (available August 28th or September 4th for PS3) is going to change your mind.

I personally am really liking the game and the second patch will push it to "loving the game" when the sliders are fixed. The broken sliders (need to boost the cpu run game as usual) and the lousy return game are my biggest beefs. For those that HATE the pass rush, sliders will help but most likely on AA or Varsity only. The cpu has always had super human pass blocking on Heisman. This year isn't that much different (just a little worse) and the patch won't make it much better.

Whether you like the game or not really depends on a lot of things. Your skill level, your expectations, the position you normally play, or whether you are an online gamer vs. offline gamer. Offline you can make slider adjustments whereas online you cannot so online guy is pissed. Guys that love playing as a DL are more pissed off than others due to the tremendous pass blocking they face. I usually play as a LB so it doesn't bother me that much. I play on AA where you can get a pass rush with sliders. Those that play on Heisman may pull their hair out. I'm also an average player that finds AA fun and I lose my share of games in even matchups. Elite players that have to play on Heisman and deal with that level's issues tend to be more annoyed as well.

The bottom line is that the patch will help but the core gameplay isn't going to change a whole lot. Did last year's patch help? Yes, but it wasn't a new game and I wasn't expecting it to be. For those that are you better get ready to be disappointed.