View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #76
Tengo Juego
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Solution to running....

I have tried everything(I never really come to these threads to discuss it) from not sprinting at all until I have green, to just going as hard as a I can to maybe just out run defenders, to abusing the hit stick, to lead blocking, or just adding more blockers to the side I'm running. And NOTHING works.

But I'm now convinced that blocking is the main problem with the running game. Any play that has either guard pulling, results in a DL or LB breaking right through and straight to my ball carrier before he even get a chance. OR I'll just watch guys pick the wrong person on D, the OL will just turn back around for a block instead of staying out in front of me.

Now, another beef of mine, is basically WR's cant block. Maybe its just the Green Bay WR core, but Greg, DD, JJ always seem to fall as soon as they try to block someone. Leaving me to try to beat that defender. Now most WR's in real life CANT block forever. But they can atleast get in front of a defender and do something.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, I dont know if what I just typed made any sense. But I'm tired of the run blocking of today...If its not a pancake, its a useless block.

ALSO: I forgot to add, what is with the D knowing what play I'm going to run?! I'll come out in a 4 wide set running a HB draw on second and about 6, and they will come in with a 4-3... all Lb's creeping towards the LOS? Like ok, audible, Go deep, and in a snap they are able to adjust and those two OLBs can cover my slot guys deep?!

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 08-21-2008 at 04:31 PM.