View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #13
Nepenthe
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? Didn't import any draft classes.
- Are you using updated rosters? Updated as soon as I started game up for the first time.
- Did you do a fantasy draft? Nope.
- What team(s) are you using? All 32.
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Everything worked perfectly until season 3. I didn't train a single player, not even once. I would play 4 or 5 games in a row, no freezing at all. I then got through the preseason of 3rd year, saved, and prepared for the regular season. There were no games I wanted to play in week 1, so I attempted to simulate the week. It froze, for the first time since I'd bought the game. I reloaded, and went through and simmed each game one by one, which worked. I then attempted to save, which caused it to freeze. Now no matter what I do, whether I sim each game one by one (trying to sim any more than one at a time causes a freeze), or play games (which still works), it is completely impossible for me to save. As soon as i click save franchise, it freezes. Clicking the left stick does the same thing.
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yep. Any time I try to save or sim more than one game at a time, it freezes. Like clockwork.
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Well, technically I can continue, as I can still play games and sim them one at a time, but what is the point? I can't save, which effectively renders the franchise useless.
- Etc. etc. One of the common things that caused my franchises to freeze in 08 was lack of free agents in the pool. That cannot be the case this time. Since I am in charge of the rosters of every team, I made sure that there were plenty of players at each position in free agency. I also did not train a single player the entire time, which many people are claiming to be the cause of the freezing.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 08-25-2008 at 07:14 AM.