View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #12
MC Fatigue
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: EA Won't Buy Us Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Either you haven't played NHL 08, or your idea of "sim" hockey includes 1000 checks a game and players flying all over the place rather than playing positionally sound and using 1 timers exclusively to score. Saying 2k8 plays a sim game of hockey is prolly the biggest load of bs I keep reading on this site.
I've got NHL 2008.

I didn't say NHL 2k8 was perfect, I said it tried to take the simulation route, which it certainly did.

NHL 2009 is looking far, far better than 2008 in terms of trying to play a somewhat realistic game. But NHL 2008 was way, way off. 2k8 attempted, and did very well in a lot of aspects.

Why do people get so defensive? They act as if "sim" or "arcade" is better than the other. They're not. They're preferences. I can see the games for what they are, and I call them like they are. You act as if it's a bad thing to call something "arcade" and that I'm saying something is better because it's "sim". What I said was I prefer something that tries to be a little more sim like. That's my preference.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 08-24-2008 at 11:15 PM.