View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #30
jkra0512
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Dynasty is BUSTED (ranking system).

WVUWx, I understand why you did most of what you posted about, but that just seems like cheesing. You only schedule your OoC games at home against top opponents? Where is the fun in that? I understand you want your recruits to come to a good game, but that is what a rivalry game is all about. It just seems like you take advantage of a system to kill any randomness the game tries to offer. I respect the way you play your game, but I couldn't do it that way, it just seems cheap

I agree with the OP saying the rankings system is bad, but it's not totally busted. I was Notre Dame in their second year and I scheduled #2 Oklahoma at Norman in Week 2. I lost pretty big to them, something like 56-24, it was my only loss all year....which including beating #4 USC at home in my final game.

I started the year ranked #19 after winning the Gator Bowl from the year before, after the loss to Oklahoma I was ranked #24. After beating #14 Pittsburgh and #4 USC I was ranked #11 with two loss BYU at #9 and two loss WVU at #8. Both lost two conference games each against sub-par opponents. I should have been in front of them...little upset by that!