View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
jdrhammer
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Recruiting 6-7 years into a franchise

Another thing with recruiting is location. I can only speak for the South or SEC states but location is everything. There are a lot of guys that leave their state for a border state, especially MS kids, but Ole Miss and Miss. State are always in the top half of MS kids' lists. In year one about half of the top 10 have either and some have neither. There are some that get away but to not even be remotely interested is crazy.

I can only figure OH and MI are similar. I figure most every kid wants to play at either OSU, MI, MSU or something along those lines. Location needs to be a bigger factor.

Numbers- there are way too many WR's in this game. Everybody has said as much. There aren't enough FB's. For one, even the teams with balanced offense's should only require one FB. Two, there should be several more in the 3* and 2* range. I understand there aren't that many 4* and 5* FB's nowadays, but this restriction is crazy. Way too many FB's are stripped of speed and carry, catch attributes etc., and are really represented wrongly in the game. Sure there are some that might not have great hands, but they are running backs with perhaps a little less speed and a little less agility/acceleration. You aren't going to see too many 4.92 FB's in real life. Hell, you could put an OL in the backfield at that speed.

I guess this should get in the wishlist as well.