View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Radioactiveman
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: PS2 vs. PS3 versions of NCAA Football

I'm in a weird frame of mind about the current direction they're going...I see it almost like the 2K's baseball series...I want to like the game, it does some cool things, but the sum total is product that I don't really want to play (for a whole host of reasons). With 2K baseball, based on their engine, I currently could care less if they make another game or not because I have little confidence that it will actually be fun to play. I'm kind of getting that way with football games and the direction they are currently going on next gen. Fun for me is a game that is a realistic representation of the real thing and has intuitive, responsive controls. NCAA football on next gen doesn't really capture either of those things. Nor does the 2K baseball series...last gen football does do those things but from a technical standpoint it can't stand up to next gen graphics...we're in a strange period of video sports game evolution and I think it's evident based on the amount of complaining about EA football games these days.