View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #60
Maynard
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

i had trouble with the instructions in the first post......i was able to transfer everything like they said, but when i went into the game my save was not there.......alot of trial and error later i located this thread with the following post

i bolded the steps that were different in case anyone else has the same problem i had (note, this wont solve the drag issue with vista which btw wouldnt work for me either, lucky i have another pc with XP)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...les-360-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
EDIT....

After downloading puja's latest franchise, I realized that I left out a step. I wasn't sure how to edit my original post, so I'm reposting it as a reply, with edits.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, after a few attempts at transferring using the Xsata, I've finally got my franchise going. As I wait for the 1st season to simulate, I thought I'd draft a relatively quick guide for those of you using the Xsata.

This comes from a few different sources: hints in these forums, a tutorial on youtube and my own trial and error.

First of all, make sure you have the latest version of the Xport 360 software. You should be able to find it at codejunkies.com.

Secondly, go into NFL 2K5 and create a franchise game save.

I used puja's latest franchise file, so here's how it worked for me.

1. Download the zip file of your choice to your PC.
2. Once the file has been downloaded, right click on the file and select
"Extract Here." This will create a new file on your desktop (or in the folder where you saved the file) entitled UDATA.
3. Open the new UDATA file, and you'll find another file titled with numbers. Using puja's file the name of the file is 53450030. (I think all new XBox NFL 2K5 files are named this, but I'm not 100% certain.)
4. Go ahead and open up that file.
5. Inside of that file, you'll find a file of type datelinfo.xbx. Go ahead and delete it, then back out of the open file so that you're now viewing the closed 53450030 file. g This is the one we're going to transfer.

Now, moving on to the Xsata...

6. Disconnect the Hard Drive from the 360 console, and connect the Xsata. Do not attach the Xsata completely to the console! It's very difficult to remove once you do this. You can attach the HDD to the Xsata, then connect the Xsata to the console without actually snapping it into place.
7. Attach the Xsata/HDD to your PC with the USB cable provided with your Xsata.
8. Turn on your 360. The edge of the Xsata should light up. Mine glows like blue smurf piss.
9. Next, open up the latest version of Xport360 that you downloaded.
10. You'll be prompted to select a Memory unit. Select your 360's hard drive.
11. On the left hand side you'll see a listing of the contents on your hard drive. On the right side you'll see available software.
12. In the left-side pane, select Partition 3 > Compatibility > XBox 1 > UDATA
13. Go back out to the folder where you saved the downloaded file. Grab, drag and drop it into the right-side pane.

Turn your 360 off, then reboot and go to your system blade > Memory > Games and see if it's there.

If it is, boot it up and load the franchise/roster. Enjoy!!

Reply or PM me if you have any questions or comments.