View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #42
Swingking77
Rookie

OVR: 6
In my opinion, were patches used as they were intended (to fix legit bugs found by gamers) then there wouldn't be a problem. I think that everything is rush rush rush, sell sell sell and in the end it's the consumer that suffers.

In my opinion patches in sports games should be for nothing more then roster, uniform, or other simple updates. We shouldn't be seeing complete overhalls of certain aspects of games. The way things have been, people could do without up to the secound updated rosters, as the games were fine. Now that we're in a "new age of gaming" developers are cheating us.

It isn't just sports games either as in game such as Battle Field Bad Company, an entire portion of online play was left out (conquest mode), which was always a part of the game before.

Also, one has to ask just how good a game is that requires a patch as I'm sure that the effective results of a patch are limited, once the game has been released, where as a game that is tested and fixed before it is launched can have every aspect of the engines (AI, Graphics, Sounds, ect) fixed to a degree that a patch simply can't reach as the game's framework, at that time, in pretty much set in stone to a certain degree...

In my opinion, I've noticed a great decline in game quality at a time when the games are supposed to be getting better and better, which isn't the case... Games have gone the way of Hollywood and replaced substance with eye candy and the result is... Well, terrible.