View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #136
LAKE4742
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Pretty good! The player models look great! The court and tunnel entrance is nice. The crowd is cool, too. But.....the gameplay is reeeeeally sluggish! Really, really sluggish. I maxed out the game speed, and it improved, but still not smooth enough animations. Good presentation, though. And it's a shame. The demo is definitely better than last years. But.....the same jerkiness and stutter movement is here. And the moves used to feel so intuitive and easy to pull off. In this demo, it's tough to pull off a simple ankle-breaker. I push left on the right stick, and then left on the left stick to break that way mid dribble. But the player takes another dribble.....and then charges in. Not cool, man. Stop complicatin' things. Live '06 controls were spot-on, and very natural. Sheesh. Tweak the movement and this is a very good baller.

Hey everyone: I haven't bought a Live game since '06. Have they incorporated the same great Locked Player follow camera, like in 2k???? Just like it is in '09 Practice mode?