View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
mgoblue678
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: So I just recruited the number 1 qb overall and ..

^^^Are you honestly going to say that after one game? They got beat by a good team with players playing in their first game, of course they will improve as the season goes along. I would expect the defense to play like they did in the second half the rest of the season. They should be dominant. The only thing that surprised me in that game was how the defense played in the first half which is not going to be the norm. In the second half they held Utah to 30 yards and sacked the qb 5 times. They had the 6 rated recruiting class according to scout so these young guys have alot of talent give them a couple of games to start showing that talent. Anything less than 9 wins would be unacceptable.

Also don't underestimate Utah there defense was in the top 20 last year in total defense. They were installing a new offense with young players against a very good team, what happened wasn't that unexpected but it also shouldn't be expected as the norm for the season, give these young guys some expierence and they will start showing the talent. Also the running game will be alot better than what they showed, they have got alot of talented rb's. Personally I think Minor and Brown should get more carries, 5 carries for the the two guys with expierence is not enough.

Threet should also be the qb no question, while his stats weren't great he at least made some plays. He has alot more talent and a way better arm than Sheridan. Threet was one of the most highly recruited qb's out of high school don't underestimate his talent. Also for the last time you don't need a great running Qb to run the Spread Offense which I hear the media keep on saying.

Sorry for the rant, but I am little annoyed with people acting like they will garbage based on one game which was against a good team. They have talent on offense there just inexpierenced and the defense is very good.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-04-2008 at 04:13 PM.