View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 AM   #291
HMcCoy
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

After two games,

Live 365. Wow. It will be so AWESOME to watch a game, and then to go play it and have the CPU do what the real life team did...going on similar runs and whatnot. LOVE that feature.

really nice interactive animations, and some impressive contextual animations also. "little things" threads are usually built on these types of unique situational animations kicking in here and there, and the ones in Live are GREAT.

Player faces are hit and miss, but when the hit, it's impressive.

Like the new practice floor. PP was actually standing there dancing to the beat when I stopped playing for a minute.

Commentary and presentation are pretty both great.

Overall sound is excellent. Good atmosphere, great rim sounds and chatter.

Negatives...

Hate the crowd. The cardboard cutouts, and super low res floor seat fans look pretty bad IMO.

The ball looks way too big to me.

The ball physics are really, really bad. Floaty passes, floaty shots.

Freestyle moves are a little And-1ish

Everything still moves too quickly and jerky for my tastes, so I` slowed down the speed. Few minutes later on a break I couldn't get Kobe to run. I gave him the outlet, and was laying on the turbo, but it was like he was in quicksand.

It's Much easier to get around without 2K's clunky dribble moves kicking in at every direction change, but then the movement feels kinda blah to me. You don't get that "actually handling the ball" feel you get with 2k and I miss it.

Various AI issues.

I like it alot, especially the Live 365 ...but I can't see buying both yet...still not quite smooth enough.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 09-05-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove