View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #30
yanks26ngoin
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: I suck at recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisfan2003
3. Yes, ESPECIALLY if they haven't visited your school yet. You can still get a commit from a Soft Verbal to another school.
That is true. I've signed like 3 guys that were softs to another school. High caliber ones too like ND, OSU, USC, UF, etc.

When recruiting skill players, I go after speed. If I am in a pro style offense, I recruit balenced HBs that have power and speed, and a pocket passer QB. If I am in a spread offense, I go for speed, speed, and more speed. For QB, I go for the scramblers. Hint, when you look for fast QBs, look at some balenced guys as well, because some of their 40 times are 4.4 to 4.5. ALWAYS check the 40 times, thats a huge tip when your looking for a fast QB. If theres a REALLY fast guy thats a 3*, I still offer him, and depending on the QB depth chart that will still be around for the next season, I redshirt him. If there will be little depth, I dont, and I put him in game situations, and try to build his arm strength from there. If I redshirt him, I always practice with him the next season, and put him into game situations.

The best recruiting tip I can give is to ALWAYS look at the interest bars. If they are somewhat high, but dont have you in their top 10, I always put them on my board. I immediately jump into their middle tier, and then with the offer, i jump into their top 3, and then I go from their.

When scheduling visits, dont wait to long. Especially if its for a guy you really want, because alot of times, his/your schedule dont allow a visit to take place.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.