View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #563
Vinngadd
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Why is it amazing? My gaming expectations in '08 are not the same as they were in '94. If yours are then more power to you but I would assume that in 14yrs with the technological advances we are fair to demand a little bit more. For the most part this board is comprised of hard core gamers. If not every post on here would be the same, "This game is great" blah blah blah. All of us want to have fun, you can't knock us for wanting it to imitate real life.
I don't think that he was saying that our expectations are too high. I believe that he was just echoing my comment about people being very nitpicky with these games. It 's never too much to expect for a game to be as true to life as it can, but to want things to be exactly like real life is too lofty. So, you're right, we can demand a little more, but people griping and complaining about things like shots always swishing the nets, no rimmed in shots, banked in shots only on layups and low post moves is just ridiculous. Yeah, having these things are nice, but the absence of them isn't something to whine about. You know what I mean?