View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #23
joba78
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have been watching this website/forum for about a month now. And, I love it! I am an avid NBA 2K fan and my last purchase was NBA 2K7. So, to say I am eagerly awaiting NBA 2K9 is an understatement!

These pics are Classic 2K! And I mean that in the most positive way. The graphical additions in the final build will be on point. Add the sound gameplay, and you have a must own on your hands!

As far as the graphical difference between NBA 2K and Live, EA is stuck in the past. Does anyone remember Bulls vs Blazers? It seems EA has kept that games slender, hunched-over, toothpick-leg player-model look and converted it over to 3D. I almost certain there is a player model artist at EA who worked on Bulls vs Blazers and has so much seniority that his decision NOT to update the player models is a personal issue!

If you have ever played basketball competitvely, you will know the physical weight associated with playing the game. EA's player models still feel light in the a@@, floaty, and too fast. When 2K introduced NBA 2K with the weighty player models and superb gameplay, EA was caught with their pants down. Live 09 is still suffering from Bulls vs Blazers syndrome.

2K sports has nailed the feel of the game across all aspects. My money is going to 2k this basketball season once again.