Thread: Go Routes
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #12
youALREADYknow
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Go Routes

That play still shows why the deep pass is so busted even though it was completed for a TD.

Crabtree had the DB beat by 2-3 yards and still had to make a leaping catch followed by the hit flip.

I still have only seen one overthrown deep ball and it was a bullet pass that skidded down the field 20 yards. I have only very rarely seen a ball that hits a WR in stride going deep (1-2 times max).

All of this is much easier using a human controlled QB/WR, but let the CPU AI try any deep pass and it's not pretty.

The passing game is so generic in this game that EA should really make this a priority for 2010. I'm sick of seeing 20 yard passes intercepted by LB's 5 yards from the line of scrimmage who merely leap 6 inches and snatch balls out of mid-air. I'm sick of seeing all deep passes thrown behind WR's. The CPU can't maintain any passing game beyond 20 yards down the field.

Where's the touch pass EA? Where is the passing field depth that allows me to place a pass over the LB and under the safety? Where is the directional passing that allows the AI to throw to the outside/inside shoulder instead of directly in front or behind the WR? Where is the WR/DB interaction from the line of scrimmage to 5 yards down the field that separates the great WR's from the bums? Why do we have all of these extra positional ratings if they have little to no impact on the gameplay?

I don't think the gameplay problems are too difficult to fix for even this year's game, but there's no excuse for them not to be fixed over the next 9 months for NCAA 2010. You have a huge database of numbers that correspond to player ratings and traits... please learn to use it EA. If you don't have the right people to create the algorithms and formulas needed, then get those people.