View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
salbowski
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Is there a way to clear salary cap penalties on Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
no, there is a way but i don't have the time to explain it right now.. i'll come back later or tomo and if there is still no help here i'll write it down. it's very long winded trust me.
okay so it turns out i do have the time (lol- i just got blown off)... get ready- here comes the science:

When you start the offseason in Debt, you need to first make sure all the Front Office Settings are on CPU, that's a key to clearing the cap penalties. Then SIM the whole offseason since you can't sign FA's or Draft Picks, you're screwed right there, no way around that. Now release enough guys to clear the cap penalty, do not trade them away, release them and DO NOT SIM ANY CPU GAMES or they will be signed by other squads, just release them for a minute while you get under the cap. Make sure to release players from at least one position that puts you under the Roster Requirements at that position, like your kicker or all but one MLB.
Now go to Play This Game, if you did everything right it will tell you that the CPU can't sign the required players to your team b/c of the Cap Penalty, it will ask you if you want to Clear the Cap Penalty, well DUH!! Hell yeah you want to clear the penalty, hit yes and then back out of the game and go resign your guys, as well as a few Rookies who couldn't be signed by there draft-team as well as a few FA's leftover. The CPU may have already signed 1 or 2 guys for you, depending on your cap number when the cpu figured out it couldn;t sign anymore. I ended up with Ray Lewis mysteriously on my Hawks, along with Fred Miller. Rather than trade them or incur more cap penalties, I'm converting my Seahawks to a 3-4 so Tatupu and Ray can play together, I moved Fred Miller to RT where he went from an 85 to a 90 and replaced Locklear, nice surprise.
Anyway, If you did it wrong the message will be the one you've already seen before that says you're over the cap, Release, Trade, Cancel. You need to Release another player and try again until the CPU attempts to sign a needed player and is prevented, prompting the message to Clear The Cap.