Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #20
Kingfish
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pretty upset at the lack of guidance for this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauminator
I echo the original sentiment on this thread...What we need is a for real MANUAL that tells you the mechanics of the game. I.E. what does it mean by prototype DT? How do you make mass substitutions? When can you hire/fire assistance coaches.
As for the type of questions that's posed here...you realize a Head Coach Lexicon/Dictionary would be huge! Besides, most folks COULD find out what the different stuff does simply by looking at the online "Glossary"...there are TONS of help already on the disk for users.

For those that feel like they need someone or something to take them by the hand and walk you through the basics(I was like this) I can assure you its far better to just dive in and try and learn 'on the job'! I've started 3-7 careers in the process of learning this game...and I am STILL learning.

There is NO WAY a tutorial could cover even the most brief startup of a career. And physical documentation...a game manual...no way. The strategy guide as great as it is(and it is awesome), doesn't scratch the surface of all the things you'll be confronted with in this game.

And that, dear folks, is why i LOVE this game...its far deeper than any of us could have imagined and its GREAT!!!