View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #20
Keyser Soze
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: I'm addicted to SPEED!!!!!

well i am about as bad of a stick skill player as they come. I am more likely to kill my team mate in a halo 3 game then the enemy.....

However, in my first dynasty with UM I recruited some amazingly fast tall WRs and then in year 3 I recruited my first #1 QB.... game was OVER. I simply dropped back.... waited to see who would have 1 on 1 coverage and could HEAVE it for a big game or TD almost every play. Not to mention all crossing routes now worked as I had speed mismatches across the board. The 6-7 98 SPEED WR was the icing on the cake and would have easily had 4,000+ yards in one season. I guessed that my QB was going to throw for 10K easily and heisman trophy candidates 1 through 5 would have been my QB and all WRs.... This was with mostly ALL CPU catching my passes (no user catch).

So I have no idea what others mean when they say that speed doesn't break the game. I still want to talk Fist and Stew into playing a dynasty this winter with me with ZERO house rules and see what we can do to the stat column. I believe that one of us will flip a stat over somewhere. Hell, I am 99.999% sure I can win the heisman with my FB if I wanted to easily.

The game has a LOOOOOOOONG way to go to ever get to the point where I will feel like I have to TRY to pull off a win. Right now I am playing with both hands tied behind my back and one eye shut. In all seriousness, I am horrible with stick skills so that ain't it.