View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
RaychelSnr
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Three Survival Keys for the Married Sports Gamer

Many sports gamers see their gaming time shrink immeasurably when they get married. Due to household chores and a whole number of other possible events, sports gaming takes a back seat for many. However, when release time of your favorite game comes around, the itch hits again. Rookie writing sensation Christian McLeod checks in today with an article on how to survive marriage and be a sports gamer at the same time in his article, Three Survival Keys for the Married Sports Gamer.

Quote:
"June 21, 2008, the day that would change my life forever. It was the day I got married, and the day my sports gaming addiction suddenly was turned upside down. Just days after the return from our honeymoon, my glorious, man’s gaming room had been transformed into a “family” room, complete with a DVR full of episodes of The Hills and various accent pillows. My usual gaming time had been replaced by “couple” time, where we would discuss our day, and do various household tasks like color coordinating our guest bathroom (joy!). I was losing my identity as a sports gamer more and more every day, and I didn’t know what to do."
Advertisements - Register to remove