View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
skitch
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32
Bad Day for Arizona's Kicker

I was playing against Arizona in my Cal dynasty earlier today, and their kicker had one of the worst days I can recall by someone at that position in a video game...

First of all, it had been a surprisingly good game. I went up by 7 in the third quarter, which matched the biggest lead of the contest. On their next drive, I managed to stop the Wildcats and they attempted a 52-yard field goal. Here's where it got odd...

The kick bounced off of the cross bar... so, play over, no points for you, my turn with the ball... right? Nope.

Instead of awarding me possession, the game gives Arizona possession, heading towards the other end zone as if I wouldn't notice I was supposed to have the ball going in that direction! Needless to say, I was pissed... I made a good stop, the kicker missed a field goal, and I should have gotten the chance to add to my lead. Oh well.

So they drive to about the 25 yard line where I stalled their second drive of the possession. So, the kicker takes the field again... and kicks it waayyyyy wide right. So, two missed field goals in about three minutes. Way to go, dude.

Later in the game, Arizona actually managed to score a touchdown when I was up by 7. So, special teams comes out to kick the extra point and tie it up... but the kicker missed the extra point. At this point I'm wondering how he even made the team in the first place.

What a day for that fool. I ended up winning by that one point, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove