View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
Obelysk
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: position changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSlayer
The only thing that makes sense to me is that the limitations are to keep the CPU teams from doing really weird things with their rosters

But it does rather hamstring things. The weird thing about numbers is that running a 3-4 I have typically 8-9 LBs on the roster depending on if I have a nancy-LB who is always injured. But the game only allows 50-59 for LBs and Centers! The weird thing is, with all but one of my 50-59 numbers used up, it let me change one of my OLBs who had a 50s number to a number in the 90s range. So I guess there is some sort of "outlet" where if you have all the numbers used up it lets you change. But I really dont understand the restrictions on it : o

The only reason its kind of an issue for me is because a few years into my dyansty its not uncommon for me to remember who is CB #3 and who is CB #4, so I give them #s that equate in my mind their position on the depth chart for easy identification for who made that play
The limitation are those of the NFL. Linebackers are indeed given numbers 50-59 and 90-99 as alternatives. Its Rule 5, Section 3, Article 3c

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/in...ts/0-jers-nums

The only issue I have with this though is that there are players that change positions and keep their numbers. Example: Devin Hester was drafted originally as a CB and thus given number 23, but now he plays WR but he kept his number. There are like 5 other players that have done the same as well.