View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #8
bbbbbrrrrrr
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K9 Move List

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GOAT34
No, people that have the game are playing the game and trying to get a head start on the competition. But since I like you guys at operation sports I'm gonna give U a little nugget of info:
This is straight from the in game tutorial. I'm only gonna mention the stuff that might not be obvious.

***SHOOTING***

-Bank shot
Pull and Hold LT and move the RS (or press X) to direct the ball towards the backboard for a bank shot. The player will only use bank shots from within proper angles to the basket.

-Layup
When dribbling towards the basket, move the RS either to the left or the right side of the basket.

-Floater
when dribbling towards the basket, move the RS away from the basket to throw a floater.

-Reverse Layup
When dribbling towards the basket along the baseline, you can reform a reverse layup by moving the RS toward the baseline direction.

-Reverse Dunk
While dribbling towards the basket, pull and hold RT and move the RS away from the basket.

***SHOT STICK EXTREME***

-Changing Shot
You can change your shot while in midair to avoid a potential block. while the player is in the air to preform a dunk or layup, quickly move the RS in any direction to change your shot.

***ISOMOTION***

-Crossover
Pull and hold RT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand to perform a Crossover. For example, with th ball in the right hand, quickly move the LS toward the player's left hand.

-Double Cross
Pull and hold RT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand and then back to the ball hand direction.

-In & Out
Pull and hold RT + LT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand and then back to the ball hand direction.

-Half Spin
Pull and hold LT + RT, nd move the LS toward the player's facing direction. Then quickly move the LS to the opposite direction.

-Spin
Pull and hold RT, and rotate the LS in a half-circle starting from the ball hand to the opposite hand (going around the player' back).

-Behind the Back
Pull and hold LT + RT, and rotate the LS in a half-circle starting from the ball hand to the opposite hand (going around player's back).

-Sizeup
While standing, pull and release LT to perform a Sizeup move.

-Stutter
While standing, pull and release RT to perform a Stutter move.

-Quick Hesitation
Same as stutter just moving.

-Hesitation Drive
Same as Quick Hesitation just driving to the basket.

-Hesitation Cross
While moving, pull and release RT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand.

-Stepback
While moving, pull and hold RT, and quickly move the LS in the opposite direction of the player's movement.

-Stop & Go
While moving, pull and hold RT, and quickly move the LS in the opposite direction of the player's movement. Then, move the LS in the initial direction that the player was moving.

-Hop Step
While moving to the basket press Y.

-Hop Step Spin
While moving towards the basket, pull and hold RT, and then press Y.

-Hop Step Away
While moving towards the basket, quickly move the LS to the opposite direction and press Y.

***TRIPLE THREAT***

-Protect Ball
With the ball and an unused dribble, pull nd hold LT + RT and move the LS opposite the player's facing direction.

-Jab Step
Same as Protect Ball but move LS toward the player's facing direction. You can Jab Step in various directions away from the pivot foot.

-Launch Left/Right
With the ball and an unused dribble, pull and hold RT and move the LS to either left or the right side. You can also use either Jab Step or Protect Ball to set up the launch moves and fake out your defender.

-Spin Launch
with the ball and an unused dribble, enter the Protect Ball stance. Pull and hold RT and move the LS opposite the player's facing direction to perform a spin.

MORE TO COME LATER IF ENOUGH PEOPLE REQUEST IT. REMEMBER THIS IS IN GAME AND YOU WILL HAVE IT IN A FEW SHORT DAYS
The Tutorials are
Movement & Shooting (basic stuff and covered a bit above).
Isomotion (Important so I didn't skip anything).
Post Moves (I might do this later today. Typing helps me remember. lol.)
Passing & Defense
Dual Player & Coaching (I haven even looked at this).
and
Off-Ball Control (Haven't touched this).

Thanks buddy.