View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Poll: Will We see drastic changes in AI in NCAA 2010?

I think we will see an evolutionary improvement next year. I think we will see a nice amount of change that will make us happy. And there is no question there will also be some things that still need improvement.

My personal prediction is that the basic gameplay in this game gets refined and we see an improvement in things like the default pass protection, the cpu will go deep on passes, the cpu's running game will be better, sliders will work at default, etc. The development team has a full grasp on both consoles now, they won't spend as much time on online dynasties since it's created, they won't be redoing the player models for the 4th year in a row so there is a lot more time that can be devoted to core gameplay elements.

However, I think the one thing that EA will fail to address will be the blocking engine. That needs an overhaul to capture the type of engine that 2K used. I don't think EA can simply tweak their system to fix it. They can fix the results by changing things but they can't change the way they get those results without doing a big overhaul.

I don't see any huge changes next year but just a nice collection of small changes that will make the game even better.