View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #49
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Madden has along way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The problem with Madden on next gen was who was in charge of the product, not the studio in which it was developed. Hopefully Ian and Phil will go back to giving the hardcore gamer what he wants, instead of the joe blow online gamer.
And I respect the fact that Ian and Phil have spoken well about David Ortiz publicly, and perhaps they had no problems with him regardless of a lot of the speculation out there. Sometimes it's not that the guy in charge is a bad guy or even an incompetent guy. It's just that some leaders are able to get more out of their people than others, or they see things in a way that other leaders don't... But regardless, you're 100% right. The game just wasn't moving forward with David at the helm.

Phil came on late in Madden 09's development, and I think Ian came over late too to be on board with gameplay. But these two guys obviously want to make this game better in ways that didn't take place prior to them being in their spots. That makes me more optimistic than I was around this time say, 2006 or 2007.