View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #51
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Madden has along way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
but the thing is, its not like Tiburon doesn't know how to make a good game. Look at any of the Madden's on the legacy gen.

The problem with Madden on next gen was who was in charge of the product, not the studio in which it was developed. Hopefully Ian and Phil will go back to giving the hardcore gamer what he wants, instead of the joe blow online gamer.
Yeah I would agree a big part of the game's problem has been focus. Most of their big ideas for this gen have crashed and burned and from what it seems we're watching this year's "the game adapts to you" idea going down in flames before our eyes. The last gen games were good for what they were, but even then we knew the game needed to evolve - back then no one was saying they'd be happy with a high-res current version of the current gen game. Right now we would be, but that's in part because the next gen game has been so disappointing.

When I read a lot of the Tiburon devs answers on how things work and why they work the way they do (passing game, stiff arms, etc.) it doesn't exactly instill confidence. It's hard to say they really see the issues in the game as many of us do, given how defensive they seem sometimes.

EDIT: didn't mean to get too wordy - then mistakenly saved the post. I'm not saying they can't turn it around. But there are a lot of areas that need to be addressed, more bad or so-so than good imo

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 10-10-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove