View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #52
Segagendude
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Madden has along way to go

"But you're dismissing what those things will do to the overall picture. More characters (graphical resources), more interaction (AI resources) means a hit to the other parts. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have, but at the expense of what happens on the field? It would be a big mistake. They had trouble getting AI for the refs into the game when it was at 30 frames so we didn't get refs, and even more at 60 and so we of course still don't have them. Adding interactive sidelines will mean an even bigger AI challenge, and that's going to mean cuts someplace else."

Not if they knew what they were doing. Frame hits? I don't think so. If that were the case, why is it other sports games are able to implement all that stuff with no problems? The XBOX360 and PS3 have the harddrive space, power, etc. to really turn Madden into a graphic-crazy,top gameplaying, eye-candy explosion of a football sim. But it was said by EA last year, I think, that the coding for the PS3 was "complicated".
Ok, so make Madden 10 for the PC and XBOX only, if that's a problem.
Newer pc's would be able to handle anything thrown at them, PLUS keep the online aspect.