View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
dave374
Banned

OVR: 24
Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Before Future15 calls me a *****, let me preface by saying I bought Madden 09 CE for the PS3 and regular Madden 09 for the 360. I have purchased every version of Madden since 1992.
I am anything but a *****. I loved Madden, football is my favourite sport, I was a Madden online junkie for a long time.
Those days, however, appear to be over.
Why?
A) An incredibly buggy game online and off
B) A game - offline - that in no way resembles real NFL football. When I play the Falcons, I look forward to a challenging run game and trying to contain Michael Turner. What I get instead is a 60-40 pass/run ratio from the start of the game - and no challenge from Turner, despite the fact that my run defence sliders are at absolute zero - which means Turner should break the odd tackle.
C) Playbooks that have no reverses, despite the fact that my team (Philly) uses them throughout the game
D) A game that's virtually unplayable online because everyone plays the same way now - all zone D, every pass under 10 yards, absolutely insipid offensive line blocking.
E) Quarterbacks in the real NFL have some recognition how high they have to throw a football - not in Madden: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1598456
F) Not existent fatigue ... just because you guys thought you should turn it off because of online cheesers. Thanks a lot.

I enjoyed Madden 08 more than 09. That should never happen.

Madden used to be my #1 choice for gaming, by a wide margin.
Now it's fallen so far down my rotation I'm tempted to trade both versions in.
I used to look forward to every week's game (like Philly vs Atlanta), now I could care less.

Somehow, some way, EA managed to take my love of video football away.

It's a sad day when NBA Live is a better game (by far) than Madden.

Again, feel free to call me a *****. I just want realistic NFL football ... and Madden simply doesn't deliver it.

This guy http://www.operationsports.com/forum...314-post1.html and Gideon Prime have nailed it, but I suspect major surgery is needed before either guys' concerns are addressed.

Last edited by dave374; 10-13-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove