View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #18
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Look, I am one of the biggest "fans" of EA and Madden, I love the series, but as I said in another thread, the game is flat out boring. Atmosphere is nonexistent. Nothing pulls you into the game.

And as you said Dave and MJ has pointed out, there are way too many quirks and bumps in the road that prevent this game from being enjoyable over time. In my opinion, this is the game we should've gotten in '07, not '09.

I do think the game is making steps in the right direction, unfortunately given whats happened with '06-'08, the game needs to take strides, not steps. Somewhere, Ian/Phil/EA need to make up for 2 "lost" years.
Great post.

What I've bolded is also my opinion as well. I ask myself, what breakthrough's in Madden 09 COULDN'T have been done in 2006 when Madden '07 hit, if EA had they been on the right track with Madden?

They were just on a such a terrible track for 3 years that anything half-way decent is going to look like an advancement, but quite frankly we're still two years behind. Only better ways of using and properly implementing concepts that are closer to the game of football and TV broadcasting will change that. When you look at the core of things, that's the summary of what people are asking for. Presentation and more realistic football... instead they give us the opposite a lot of times, then they wonder why we get frustrated, lol.

Last generation, Football games gave us the thought of endless possibilities. This generation, all we've gotten is endless frustrations, failures, and half-bakery. I like Madden 09, but I should be obsessed with it, yet I can't be because the game is still too thin. I don't even care about franchise, I just want the single game experience of playing Madden to be well-presented, and the game to play resembling the real NFL.