View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #26
bigpapa_bliss
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

I think they screwed up on the decision not to import the previous gens engine...EA said it HAD to start fresh to take advantage of the PS3/XBOX360 hardware.

Total BS by the way. If anyone played ESPN2k series, and tried ALL-Pro Football for PS3 , its the SAME EXACT ENGINE... In fact, the same Great Replay code is in there too.

So some "Director of Gaming Development" gets appointed the project, (because he did well in the Soccer Videogame market and probably had no Football Development experience whatsoever, tries to direct and develop a team of developers for the Madden Series for Next Gen...

And here we are, yet another year, disappointed. I dont ask much, just give me an NFL licensed game thats realistic, that incorporates the ESPN license, that looks nice, but heres the key, PLAYS well..

2007 and 2008 I felt I had NO control on defense and limited on offense with the whole "you are tied to the animation" feel..
2009 is mildly better, but geez, play the PS2 version and you'll see, Oh yeah, thats here the gameplay is...

If its in the game, its in the PS2 version