View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
asu666
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Good article. I love the trivia questions when NBA 2K8 and 2K9 load up a game. It would have been nice if the Exhibition game intro could have been done in Association to build hype for the match up. That would have had to be in engine since players move around and retire in Association, but it still would have been a nice touch.

I like the playoff ice projection intros after the trivia questions in NHL 2K9 too. I wish VC would have left the laser light show in from 2K8 from the regular season games. I go to a few hockey games a year and they always have light show intros for our NHL team.

Madden's intro was okay, but the exterior shots kind of pull me out of the experience because it's always the same cars in front of each stadium with the downtown area in the background. A lot of the NHL stadiums are too far away from downtown to even see it from an outside establishing shot. It just looks too unreal if you have been to some of these stadiums. I agree that the shaking real world picture to simulate a helicopter shot in the old NHL games would be a step up.