View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:27 AM   #91
NYGmen56
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Well said! I think the real problem now lies in the fact that they've put "band-aids" on gaping wounds....the gameplay was OFF on the first in this generation, and they've upped this or removed that to compensate until the game is just fundamentally broken now. We have things in the game now that appear to mean NOTHING...no fatigue, sliders for penalties that even when cranked ALL the way up, we still only see about three types of penalties called.

And the ratings mean ZILCH! NOTHING.....the only rating that translates on the field is speed...and even that is wonked up because you see linemen running down 90+ speed rated backs.

IMHO, this game is screwed unless they just blow up about 90% of it and start over, since it seems just too complicated for them to repair what is broken. It has had many of the same problems for 2-3 years now.

Also, I think part of the problem lies in the staff at EA. It is one thing to be a football FAN and another being a person that really UNDERSTANDS football. It appears EA is more focused on the "highlight reel" type gameplay and manipulates the on field action in whatever way it needs to to try to replicate that. Just watch the replays....watch what the players do on almost every play, and you'll see some totally oddball crap. Watch the linemen...watch the DB as they "follow" the recievers...watch the no-look, across the field, through the head, QB throws...it just goes on and on.

There are so many fundamental elements of football missing in this game now, it is almost laughable....but hard to laugh if you're a fanatic and it's the only game in town!

Mjenness,

Wow excellent post. Very well said.. Very deep, but all so true.. There lies the whole entire problem. I hope Ian reads your post and really tries to understands it.
Advertisements - Register to remove