View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
dking_11
Rookie

dking_11's Arena

OVR: 2
Your Recruiting Strategy

Please excuse me for talking to much. Lol.
=====================

I started an offline dynasty with the UCF Knights; I'm in my 5th year, but let me give you guys a look at what I've done over the years.

1st Year.
Started Unranked.
(11-1) Lost to Cinny the 3rd game of the year.
(Cinny ended up finishing in the polls, #4)
Final UCF Ranking : 17
Defeated Alabama 24-13 in the Liberty City Bowl.
Recruiting Class : #48
[Denied request to join ACC to replace Duke)

2nd Year.
Started Unranked.
(11-1) Lost to Florida first game of the year.
Final UCF Ranking : #10
Defeated South Carolina 35-31 in the Liberty City Bowl.
Recruiting Class : #18

3rd Year.
Started Ranked #18
(12-0) // 4 Unranked Teams.
Final UCF Ranking : #3
Lost to Ohio St. 40-27 in the Rose Bowl.
Recruiting Class : #1

4th Year.
Started Ranked #11
(10-2) Lost to Penn St. and Oklahoma St.
Final UCF Ranking : #13
Defeated Ole Miss 56-10 in the Liberty City Bowl
Recruiting Class : #5

====================

As we all know, with wins and blah blah, recruits become highly interested in your program. I found something for me that's quite easy to lure some of the 5 star or 4 star recruits in. Usually, I look first in the home state, then those pipeline states, look for any good interested players then, then go out and look at the rest of the interested people. First week comes up, I offer all the ones I 'need' and skill players that I 'want' but not really need scholarships, just so I can get a jump into maybe the top 3 or 5. So they're interested now because of the scholarship, but you can tell which players are really good, by how hard other teams want them. From maybe the 1st week til the week 5th or 6th, depending on how the recruit raises or loses his interests in other schools, I quick call players, maybe 20-30 or maybe an hr. depending on the player, just so I can unlock the pitches, see which ones work and not. As soon as I get 3-5 good pitches, such as Very High, Most, blah blah. I pitch those each and every week, depending on how good my program is at the pitch theyre interested in. It's worked for me so far. I'm not trying to tell other people, this is how it should be done, I just want to see if there's other ways out there, or blah blah. I just want to see all the different strategies.
Advertisements - Register to remove