View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #121
ditchrider1
Rookie

ditchrider1's Arena

OVR: 4
Question Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

I finally started my Franchise with the Browns using Heelfans sliders and the first game against the Cowboys started almost perfectly.

The Cowboys were moving the ball almost at will through the air and I was struggling on offense. I was thinking...this is pretty realistic what are all of the forum folks talking about? Then it happened. I was down 13-0 at the half and had missed a few opportunities to score and had also slowed them down a bit in the second quarter so nothing unusual yet.

The second half started and the Cowboys completely shut down? their playcalling was ridiculous, they pretty much ran every play, and the passing plays that were shredding me across the middle all first half just plain stopped? It seemed like they were content with being up 13-0 and just wanted to run out the clock!

Well in the meantime, I started creeping back into it eventually getting it down to 13-10 with just around a minute left when Jamal Lewis busted a long 54 yard TD run to make it 17-13.

The Cowboys then took the ball and started driving down for the win and I figured here we go, but Patrick Crayton completely let one hit him in the hands and bounce right into Brandon McDonalds hands to seal the win.

I was VERY VERY dissapointed with the fact that the Cowboys seemingly shut it down. Makes me wonder what will happen next game?

Has anyone else encountered this or is it a one time deal? I cannot play if this is going to continue...anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove