Old 10-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #36
heavy_hitter
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: It ain't easy being cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Eh....the original post is calling something cheesy that really isn't even in that area of cheese.

First off, I CANNOT STAND folks who want "hard" sliders.

I am going for realism...or as close as possible.

No..it's not realistic for an 80 rated team to go 11-1 or 12-0 every season.

THEN AGAIN...it's not realistic to see your entire D line get pancaked over and over and over and over by Akron on Heisman.

It's not realistic to see Robo QB know exactly when and where you are blitzing from and always throw to the right guy...even if they haven't even TURNED AROUND yet.

It's not realistic to severely handicap your own team just to "make the game hard".

In my opinion...Heisman is a freaking joke. It's not fun to play..at all. It's a cheese fest by the CPU all day everyday and defense is a complete joke as well. Defensive line? HA!! What's that. Are those the 3 or 4 guys who get put on their a$$ every damn play or get super suction blocked into oblivion?

I prefer to play on Varsity myself with adjusted sliders. The OL/DL interaction is much better...still sorry as hell and EA should be ashamed of their shoddy programming as far as this goes...but still it's much better than AA or Heisman.

IMO....CPU playcalling is the ultimate "undoer" of any game. The CPU 90% of the time is just flat out stupid in their playcalling. Again..a direct result of shoddy and lazy programming.

The only reason CPU QBs throw less picks on Heisman and AA is because EA cheated and made Defenses nonexistant as far as blitzes and pressuring the QB. If you adjust it so that you can get a decent pass rush....it's right back to the CPU panicking and throwing picks.

To each their own, but I would rather play a game where it plays as close to "fair" as possible...rather than worry if I'm "winning too much".
Great post.

I am playing in an OD with supposed HARD sliders on Heisman. There is nothing hard or difficult about Heisman on default or with Hard sliders. Christian Ponder was 23-23 with 6 TD's in a half of play.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter if you are on AA or Heisman, the CPU SUCKS. Playing on AA with sliders is a much more enjoyable game.