Old 10-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #52
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Sliders: I Don't Get It

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoOsiris
I don't think anyone is actually reading what his artcile actually says. His point is that it's giving developers a reason to release a haphazard game with mechanics they are too lazy to correct themselves to create a real sports simulation. If a sports game is built on the fact that it is a SIMULATION, then out of the box it should play like a realistic simulation. It shouldn't need hours of adjusting and tweaking, and testing to fix it.... the company's themselves should be testing this and fixing the issues themselves. I don't think any of you ******s actually read the entire article let alone the first paragraph because reading isn't "cool". It was a well written article and brings a nice and refreshing opinion on sports games these days. Some food for thought people.
Calling anyone a ****** automatically makes us all assume you are of low intelligence and detracts from your comments. Maybe you actually read the article but you certainly didn't view it from everyone's point of view.

"sports gamers use them because they are there. Too lazy to put in the practice to excel in the game as it was designed, gamers slide the almighty sliders to adjust to their individual whims." - this assumes people who adjust sliders are doing it to cheat and calls them lazy. Did you read this part?

Sure, everyone can agree that sliders have let developers get a little lazy at times but there is no way that is the reason sliders are in the game. The reason sliders are in the game is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone when releasing a game. Everyone has different skill sets, expectations of games, etc. Sliders give gamers the freedom to create a game that they want - whether that's more arcade, more sim, easier, harder, whatever. Sliders have always been about choice and customization. That is the biggest reason BY FAR they were every put into a video game.