Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #160
BezO
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I understand the sentiment, but it's hard not to want an NFL game.
I am a lemming. I admit it.
Every year I hope THIS will be the year.
I have a real passion for NFL football and Madden is the only game in town, unfortunately.
Don't get me wrong, I've loved Madden ... but we all know how Madden has fallen since the competition was killed.
I have never been a 2k football guy, ever, but when I see how passionate they are about their game ... I wish I could get the same way about Madden.
This post was a reflection of that.
Understand you're not helping. EA hear's your pocket MUCH louder than your complaints & suggestions on a message board. Every year you purchase the game, you're telling EA you love their work & direction, despite coming here to complain about it.

I have hope that some of our suggestions will make it into the game, but we're up against the wishes of the masses. If everyone dissatisfied with EA's direction held out on next year's game(unless it met your expectations), it will put a bigger spotlight on our concerns.

EA knows folks want to buy NFL football video games. That's why the bought the exclusive license. Again, by buying the game every year, you're reinforcing their decision. It's working like a charm.

Madden was my favorite game. I bought every one from the first('89 on the Commodore 64) through '04. I purchased '07 for the 360 then returned it for a full refund after complaining directly to EA about the many glitches. So 4 years straight with no Madden. It's hard, but I refuse to support a company that doesn't make games for me.