View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 AM   #154
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

I would speak to the point a few people made about catering the game more towrad hardcore gamers. Baseball, almost unlike any other sport naturally draws more "simulation" minded fans. The game itself is not really a "casual" game. This should make it easy to focus on the hardcore aspects without fear of alienating the casual crowd. It's a far cry from what Madden, unfortunately, kind of has to be. Simple things like the goofy sound effects, the homerun innings, and meatballs being eliminated would be a big help off the bat (pun partially intended. STOP tweaking the controls!!! You do this every year. Controls are not the issue, especially now. You have plenty of good options there. The controls don't matter anyway if what you're attempting to control is not good. It's simply been a lack of focus that has been so d*mning to this game. You don't even have to do all of it from scratch. Look at 2K7's graphics and presentation and build from that....they were a good start. Again, LEAVE THE CONTROLS ALONE!!! I can't stress that enough...tune if you need to (like hit stick adjustment) but no need to scrap and redo ANYTHING. Now, you've got the minor stuff out of the way pretty quickly. You should have plenty of time to focus on the core gameplay and people should be satisfied.

Sorry if I was repetative of what others may have said, but I didn't read the whole thread again